Today's savvy shoppers are more environmentally conscious than ever before. They are looking for call outs in your store about your commitment to the environment.
You can take these quick but visible recycling steps to show your customers how you are doing your part to help reduce waste:
- Offer and promote products made from recyclable materials.
- Work with your suppliers to reduce package waste. Research and ask about packing alternatives. It may even save you cost of goods dollars.
- Consider donating damaged but still usable products to a local charity.
- Have containers throughout your store that are labeled "For Recycling Only." Place these near the store entrance for customers who need to dispose of trash before shopping.
- Offer a recycling container in the breakroom for employees.
- If you generate an abundance of boxes and refuse, use a compactor. You can rent one easily from us. Compactors reduce the amount of space used in landfills, and even lowers carbon emissions through less trash hauling trips.
- Have a waste audit. Weigh the amount of garbage collected at each location. We can help you determine if you need to change trash and recycling bin sizes.