- For areas using carts or containers, all trash must be bagged and fit inside your cart or bin with the lid closed. For areas where the resident provides containers or places waste in bags, all trash must be bagged and securely tied.
- If you are a resident - Place your cart at least 3 feet away from all objects including your second cart, mailbox, car or trees. The lid opening should face the street with the wheels of the cart toward your house. If you are a business – make sure that your enclosure or gates are unlocked on service days.
- There are more cars on residential streets during the day. Please help us service your house by keeping carts away from parked vehicles. Our collection trucks need clear access to service your carts.
- If possible, please have your containers out and ready to be serviced the night before your scheduled pickup date.
- Household hazardous wastes, batteries, chemicals and electronics are NOT ACCEPTED in your waste and recycling containers. Contact your City or County for proper disposal options.
- Plastic gloves, face masks and any other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) should be properly disposed of as trash.
- Break down cardboard boxes and, if needed, cut them up to fit in your recycling cart or bin.
- Empty your bottles and cans before recycling. Leave the caps on your bottles.
- Now is a great time to use your extra time at home to learn how to recycle right, set up your recycling systems for success and download tools to help you Recycle Right. Visit wm.com/recycleright to learn more.
- Latex and other disposable gloves, face masks, and other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must go in the trash – not your recycling container.